Thursday, April 24, 2014

Ugh! I have the Flu

Yesterday morning I woke up nearly unable to move. Every inch of my body hurt. I stayed in bed as long as I could before finally dragging myself to the bathroom to get ready for work. I figured I had overdone it doing yard work the other day. By the time I made it to work I was feeling even worse, if you can believe that, and was promptly sent home. I have had a fever hovering at around 100+. I ache everywhere. I slept most of yesterday and finally had to wake up long enough to put in for a sub for today and get lesson plans sent. I haven't felt this icky in a long time.

On a positive note, it is just a little more than a month until I make the big move. I called on a dumpster to make gutting the old building a tidier proposition and to know that my property won't get all junked up with piles of scrap building material. I am suffering from a little sticker shock, but I know I can't avoid the expense, so I will make due.

I am still on the hunt for a wood heat stove. Many that I find listed on Craigslist here in Arizona look unsafe to use. Some look like folks  had them in their yards for the last 10 years. While I know I need heat, I don't want some ugly rusted eyesore in my living room. So the hunt goes on. My limited budget makes shopping that much more difficult, but I know, when it is meant to be, I will find the "one." If it comes down to it, I may just have to go for a season using a space heater until I can afford the "squirrel" stove I love so much.

Time to go back to sleep.

Happy Thursday everyone.