Wednesday, October 29, 2014

It May Be Cold Outside, but It Is Warm In Here

The Beach in the Morning
Last night temps got down to the mid 40's and it is a bit chilly as I sit here typing this. This morning there is a nip in the air and I am anticipating a nice hot cup of coffee as soon as it is done brewing. I haven't posted much in the last few days because I was out of town somewhere nice and warm. I thought I would share some photos from my whirlwind weekend in Florida this past week.

I left at mid-day on Thursday, dove to Missouri and spent the night, then drove to Ft. Walton Beach the next day. We passed through Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama along the way. We, being the silly tourists we are, stopped at every state border and took a picture under the sign. It was great fun. After driving all that distance, I spent part of Friday, all of Saturday, and part of Sunday morning enjoying the warm sun, cool breeze, and soft white sands of Florida's Gold Coast.

Coffee on the Beach

Saturday morning we got up and took our cups of coffee to the beach. It was a little chilly at first, but the coffee and the sunrise warmed us right up. 

Dolphins in the surf
I was excited to see dolphins feeding in the surf. I have never seen a dolphin in the wild. I can cross that off my bucket list. 

White Sands of the Gulf
The sands of the Gulf of Mexico and the panhandle area of Florida are white and very fine. I can only describe it as soft on the feet. I can tell you though that I am out of shape for beach walking and my calves are still sore.

I had such fun doing her hair
We went for this weekend to go to a beach wedding. My friend Sharon and I had to stop off in Missouri to pick up the children and bring them so they could participate. I was lucky to be able to play hair dresser to Madison and I braided her hair in a fishtail. She looked beautiful.

Little man looked "Sh-nazzy"
 Little man had pants that were too long, so we had to figure out in a pinch how to hem them without any sewing supplies. Sharon had a glue gun she was fixing the bouquets with, so we just glued the hem up. It worked like a charm. 

The happy bride and groom
The bride and groom were gracious hosts and the wedding was beautiful. The bride's dress was perfect for the occasion and she glowed like only a bride does.

Lovely bleached wood of a beach fence
I took the opportunity to turn my lens on everything. I have to find that perfect shot to enter in the state fair this coming year.
Sharon and the kids
We had a great time and I couldn't have asked for more perfect weather. Tomorrow I will show some photos from the morning photo shoot and some better shots of the dolphins.

Happy Hump Day!